Our Acre~ A place where we live simply on purpose. Join us as we share ways to step back from the chaos and find joy in educating, living within our means, cooking, gardening, sewing, recycling, reusing, and anything else we come up with. Welcome! We are so glad you are here.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Back At It

I found this post when I finally sat down to think about blogging again today.  I thought I'd just go ahead and post it, although I think it's a month or two old...yikes!

Now that my allergies have subsided for the year, I can get back to hanging my laundry again.  I truly love to hang laundry.  It's one of those things that makes me smile inside and gives me time to think.  Life has sort of given me a one-two-punch lately and so I've had plenty to think about.
As I was hanging laundry, it occurred to me that one reason I feel so unsettled about this blog is that I'm trying too hard.  I have all these ideas and projects I want to share, but I don't have time to do them, take pictures, write posts and still handle the day to day needs of my family.  While I come up with some pretty nifty ideas for things from time to time, most of my ideas are pretty darn average.  Trying to organize my blog and stick to a certain subject on certain days or making sure I have a certain number of posts a week is taking away from the things I need to do here.  

I don't want to quit the blog though, because I've gotten some really sweet emails from people who are finding encouragement from my blog and that makes me happy. 

For now, then, I will just blog what is on my mind or what I am actually doing at the time and hopefully it will be a blessing to someone out there. 
  

4 comments:

  1. I love hanging out the laundry as well. So glad you are going to quit blogging, but find a balance that works for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanging clothes up is so ZEN, isn't it?

    Write when you can, it's all about finding your bliss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very ZEN! My favorite is after it's all hung and I crank it up, the wind catches the clothes and they slowly spin. I love it :)

      Delete

I love your questions and comments. I will try to respond as often as I can. If you would like to know when I respond to your comment, be sure to check the box to receive follow up comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...