Our Acre~ A place where we live simply on purpose. Join us as we share ways to step back from the chaos and find joy in educating, living within our means, cooking, gardening, sewing, recycling, reusing, and anything else we come up with. Welcome! We are so glad you are here.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Long, Painful Winter

Allow me first to express my apologies for never returning with my Christmas ideas.  Without disclosing every painful detail, let me just stay that it has been a long, painful winter here on our little acre.  Changes have happened, health has struggled, and our family has mourned the loss of a loved one.  I would like to say that I have handled it all with lots of grace, but alas, most of the time I was just hanging on.  In order to focus on my family and get through this time, I pulled away from the internet almost completely.  A good friend of mine said it best when she said, "your Mother heart needs some time to heal."  

My heart is still tender and I am still struggling to get back to the person I was before this winter started.  With all that has happened, perhaps I will never be that person I was before...but that may turn out to be a blessing in disguise.  Perhaps, with this last round of fire, I have learned something and will be a better person for it. 

I must be honest and say that through this dark winter, our family has had many blessings.  Small and big moments that have helped me see the light, through the darkness.  

So here I am, back at this blog, because it continues to burn in my mind that for some reason I'm supposed to do this.  I can't promise much...but I will add as my heart and time allow.

Blessings to you and yours today, 

5 comments:

  1. Keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. God heals all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Daisy. You are so very right :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about your season of pain & grief. Keeping you in my prayers! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Decided to check to see if your blog was up and running, what a delightful surprise! I am so sorry to hear about your winter, been through several of those myself. Praying for you during this time of healing.

    ReplyDelete

I love your questions and comments. I will try to respond as often as I can. If you would like to know when I respond to your comment, be sure to check the box to receive follow up comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...